Rodney Kelso, an operations director at Woodruff Electric was surprised as he saw a two-headed rattlesnake outside a home he was inspecting in Jonesboro.
A rare two-headed rattlesnake surprised an electric worker in Arkansas as it turned up outside a home that he was working in.
Rodney Kelso, an operations director at Woodruff Electric had a bit of a surprise as he was inspecting a home in Jonesboro, three miles north of Forest City.
He stumbled across a venomous reptile and after looking at it closely realised that the rattlesnake had two heads.
Two-headed timber rattlesnake moves across a bed of pine needles in its new home in Arkansas
Mr Kelso said: 'Fifty years on the ridge and never have seen such,' according to the Daily Sun. He quickly put gloves and carefully placed the snake in a box.
The following day, he took the reptile to Forrest L. Wood Crowley's Ridge Nature Center in Jonesboro.
Cody Walker, an education program specialist at the center, who received the box commented: 'It does happen from time to time in nature. But usually they die from complications.'
The Jonesboro Sun reported that the snake is 2 weeks old and 11 inches long
Rodney Kelso found the two-headed timber rattle snake while working about three miles north of Forrest City
The timber rattlesnake is approximately 2 weeks old 11 inches long, according to Jonesboro Sun.
The center plans to put the unique snake on display once it is comfortable in its new home.
These types of snakes are becoming rarer as they are often killed on sight.
These snakes are often brown in color, large-bodied with a colored stripe down the backbone. Adult rattlesnakes can reach up to five feet and their venom is highly toxic.
According to KFSM, Mr Walker, education program specialist also said that full grown timber snakes can grow longer than four feet and are one the most venomous snakes in Arkansas.
He also explained that two-headed snakes have shorter life spans as they are in true fact, one snake with two brains and may therefore not be able to face predators as quickly. This happens when a snake embryo does not fully separate.
Read more at dailymail.co.uk